Junior Application Developer (3-Year Contract) at Datafin Recruitment
CODE, implement, test, maintain, and document solutions within a DevOps environment as the next junior application developer sought by a quality certification and cold chain management service provider. Some of your tasks will be to perform unit testing and integration testing, address audit findings, and ensure that corrective action is taken while participating in secure code reviews and managing and maintaining Wiki. The ideal candidate requires a 3-year national degree / diploma in ICT, have more than 2 years of development experience, be able to interpret business requirements and technical design and your technological tools should include SQL, C # , .Net Core, ReactJS / Blazor, jQuery, Node.js, COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF and OWASP. Please note that this is a fixed term contract of 3 years.
- Perform unit tests and integration tests.
- Address all assigned audit results and ensure that corrective action is being taken.
- Develop, test, and maintain efficient, well-designed applications securely based on user histories and ensure acceptance criteria are met.
- Participate in secure code reviews and timely address technical debt as assigned.
- Make sure that the system documentation is kept up to date during sprint cycles (Azure DevOps Services).
- Coordinate with line features to ensure the highest level of software quality (senior developers, project manager, application development manager, application support, testing manager, etc.).
- Responsible for delivery within certain ICT operational plans.
- Provide information and compilation of application development dashboards.
- Behavior development.
- Ensure compliance with procedures and controls for managing software development.
- Manage and maintain Wiki.
- Cohesive relationships with the project team.
- 3 years of Degree / National Diploma in ICT.
Experience / Skills –
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Experience in at least some of the technologies / products development, standards, tools and methodologies.
- MS SQL, C # and .Net Core.
- REST, JSON, SOAP, XML.
- ReactJS / Blazer, jQuery, Node.js.
- Agile experience.
- Experience with unit tests.
- Ability to interpret business requirements and implement technical design.
- Knowledge of the latest application development practices.
- Knowledge of software development governance frameworks and standards, for example, COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF, OWASP, etc.
- Knowledge of APIs, microservices, networks, PC / Mac OS and mobile devices.
- Relevant certifications in software development.
- Mobile development experience (Android, Xamarin Forms).
- Experience in Azure DevOps services.
- Experience in MVC, MVVM, UML and Visio.
- Code scanning tools like SonarCloud.
- Strong verbal and communicative skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving DevOps and keep pace with the latest thoughts and new development technologies.
- Great collaborative problem-solving ability and analytical ability to manage numerous sources of information.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to meet the demands of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great ability to operate in a flexible and dynamic environment where creative and “out of the box” thinking is required.
- Ability to do multiple tasks.
- Show an understanding of the different functions within an organization.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Guarantee the provision of professional and value-added services and build and maintain strong relationships with customers.
While we would love to respond to all requests, if we do not contact you for this position within 10 business days, please consider your request unsatisfactory.
When applying for a job, make sure you have the minimum job requirements. Not moreSA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the aforementioned location of any of the jobs, write down your relocation plans on all job and correspondence applications. Please email a word copy of your resume to [Email Address Removed] and mentions job reference numbers. We have a list of jobs [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
More information / Request this position