Poole IT Service Desk is Now Open for Students, Faculty and Staff
Over the summer, Poole College of Management and University Facilities got to work building the Poole IT Service Desk on the second floor of Nelson Hall, suite 2400. The IT Service Desk supports all faculty, staff and students working and attend classes at Poole College. . No prior appointment is required to receive the service.
“The new IT services area will act as a technology hub for Poole University faculty, staff and students,” said Sasha Challgren, director of IT. “We provide real-time technical support with a primary focus on improving and expanding technology services to the entire university community while focusing on providing exceptional service.”
“This new location provides opportunities for students to have an immersive experience while attending Poole University and gain real-world experience working as student IT consultants to provide IT support and expand their knowledge while working alongside IT professionals It also enables the Poole IT team to extend their level of support by offering additional support services, extended support hours and increasing our technical skillset by working alongside some of the brightest young minds creative and talented people who attend NC State.”
- Technical support for most technical issues: software installation, troubleshooting, operating system support (Mac and Windows).
- Support for personal machines: We will try our best, if we can’t work it out, we’ll help you find a place that can.
- Computer loan: We have loaner machines and tablets (both Mac and Windows) available for purchase for you to borrow while your computer is being repaired
- Web services: We have student workers with web development experience who would love to help you with your specialized research-related web projects.
- Custom projects: Our students are eager to learn and assist with your technology needs and help support any custom projects you may have; contact the Director of IT (submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a meeting to discuss your needs.
Hours of operation
- Monday-Thursday: from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Friday: from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Saturday-Sunday: 4pm-8pm