Pro Vice Chancellor (Learning and Teaching Innovation) job with FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
Our bold vision, reflected in our Strategic Plan: Making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be recognized internationally as a world leader in research, innovative in contemporary education and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To make this ambition a reality, we have recently made a major change in the organization to a six-university structure with an alignment of staff and professional services.
We recognize that the key to our success is exceptional people and we are looking for an exceptional person to join the team at our transformed university.
Type of occupation:
Summary of the position
Type of occupation:
Term determined for 5 years | Full time
Assistant Vice Chancellor (Students)
The Vice Chancellor Pro (Innovation in Learning and Teaching) is responsible for the strategic leadership of learning, teaching and innovation, which includes:
- the development of the University’s teaching;
- adoption of advanced learning technologies and other educational innovations to improve student achievement;
- support University staff in designing and delivering contemporary educational programs that reflect the University’s ethos for student-centeredness and demonstrating a primary focus on student success;
- delivering value-added employability experiences and integrated work learning support to students and staff;
- oversee student opportunities as partners and student learning experience activities, which include guidance, student communications, and relevant events; i
- ensure effective support for students in relation to academic language, literacy, numeracy and empowerment programs.
The University’s educational vision, embedded in its Strategic Plan Making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be an innovator in contemporary education and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
Pro Vice Chancellor’s portfolio (Innovation in Learning and Teaching) offers staff-focused services that support teaching and teaching courses at Flinders University by providing information, support and development. professional staff, through the promotion of creative pedagogy and innovation in the use of education. technologies and by supporting the expansion of the offer of courses entirely online. The portfolio also offers student-oriented services related to academic language, literacy and arithmetic, enabling programs, employability and on-the-job learning.
In addition to the specific responsibilities encapsulated within the role of Vice-Chancellor Pro (Innovation in Learning and Teaching), the portfolio of the Vice-Chancellor (Students) also includes the quality and academic improvement, marketing and recruitment of national students, administration of students, and student services. The Vice Chancellor Pro (Innovation in Learning and Teaching) will be a key member of the Vice Chancellor’s portfolio leadership team (Students) and will lead key initiatives designed to improve student success, including access and continued participation in education, successful completion and better outcomes for graduates.
Key site responsibilities
- Build a culture of innovation, excellence, integrity and courage to support learning and teaching that reflects the underlying ethos of the University to focus on the student.
- Strategically lead change and innovation in the design and delivery of a high-quality curriculum that produces entrepreneurial graduates (both face-to-face and online).
- Provide strategic leadership for fully online University courses and non-award-winning courses.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality academic and professional development opportunities that enhance teaching and learning, ensuring the effective use of educational technologies.
- Encourage institution-wide capacity building in contemporary pedagogical practices, including student participation as partners.
- Supervise the identification, selection, implementation and maintenance of educational technology applications throughout the university to support the delivery of high quality teaching and effective student learning.
- Contribute excellent exchange, people and financial management skills to portfolio management.
- Represent the University in relevant local, national and international forums.
- Participate as a member of the portfolio leadership team of the Vice Chancellor (students) and work proactively with senior University staff to advance the University’s priorities in education.
- Represent or act for the Office of the Vice President (Students) as needed.
- Any other responsibility according to the level of the position assigned by the director and / or the University.
Key skills of the position
- Doctoral degree and recognition as an authority in a relevant field for the pedagogy of higher education, educational technologies and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and foster excellence in a large and diverse organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make large-scale changes, including improvements in teaching quality and change in educational technology.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of the contemporary curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive working relationships in academic, technical and professional fields.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both academic and professional staff in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead innovation and policy development.
- Excellent change management, people management and financial management skills.
- Aligned with the values and ethos of the University, with a commitment to social justice, equity and accessible education.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing the management of a business learning management system. (Desirable)
For more information on the position or to have a confidential discussion, please contact: Professor Romy Lawson
Information for applicants:
You must submit a statement of suitability from no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as described above. Also, you need to upload your resume.
A valid national police certificate that is satisfactory to the university will also be required before the selected applicant can start in this position.
We are looking to increase diversity to improve the results of equal opportunities for employees and therefore encourage applicants, people with disabilities and / or descendants of Aboriginal or islanders from the Torres Strait. .
Please note that late applications and agency submissions will not be accepted.
Closing of applications at 23:59:
May 25, 2022