PSA: Send your 4th of July iMessages with fireworks this year
This year, remember to use iMessage’s fireworks feature when you wish your friends and family a Happy Independence Day. You’ve probably thought about doing it after the fact, when it’s too late. This year is the year you remember!
Apple’s iMessage includes a few different useful effects that can be added to messages, such as balloons, confetti, and yes, fireworks. Send a message with Fireworks and the recipient will see a stunning colorful fireworks display that goes off directly on their iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Sending an iMessage with Fireworks is very easy and adds a little touch to what would otherwise be a static and boring message, no matter how elegant your word work is.
Not sold with Fireworks? There are many more effects to choose from, just select the one that best suits you and your recipient and do it.
Here are all the current screen effects and what they do.
- Eco: Make your text duplicate and flood your recipient’s screen.
- Sight: Put a literal focus on your incoming iMessage.
- Globe: Send multicolored balloons that expand and fly upwards from the bottom right of the screen.
- Confetti: Drop multicolored confetti from the top of the screen.
- Love: A giant heart will appear to expand and exit your latest iMessage.
- Lasers: It fills the screen with lasers and sounds “ounce, ounce, ounce”.
- Fireworks: Activate multicolored fireworks from the center of the screen.
- Shooting stars: It launches a stellar burst “as far as you know” from the left of the screen, which explodes when it reaches the right.
- Celebration: Fireworks and parties will appear abundantly on your iPhone.
Very cool, right? They may not seem like much, but these are the kind of traits that add a little much-needed whim to our lives. Be sure to follow our iMessage effects guide to get started.