Research Associate / Fellow, Applied Learning Sciences and Educational Technology job with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The Institute of Applied Learning Sciences and Educational Technology (ALSET), in conjunction with Nanyang Technology University and Singapore Polytechnic, will create an AI orchestration system designed to enhance learning during activities. collaborative. The solution uses an existing code base for the orchestration system created with the React.js framework and leverages Google’s noSQL Firestore / Firebase database. The research engineer fellow will be instrumental in developing the AI modules, improving the platform, and evaluating the effectiveness of the solution with polytechnic and university students.
The candidate’s field of work includes:
- Manage the daily progress of an AI research project in education that is being carried out in various places
- Integration of AI modules in collaborative learning activities
- Design and build new system features
- Design and analysis of activity records
- Coordinate, guide and supervise junior developers and analysts
- Collaboration with NLP experts to improve activity designs
- Perform user experiments with students remotely and in person
This description is just a summary and only describes the general level of work to be done, not intended to be global.
- Master’s or doctorate in Computer Science or related field
- Competence in AI techniques and user experience research methods
- Minimum 2 years experience working in K-12 education, tertiary education, educational research
- Deep understanding of learning analysis and data science
- Understanding React.js and creating ETLs for nonSQL databases
- Understanding the design principles of the control panel
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organizational ability and dedication to complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent competition with Python / R
- Graduate caliber, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Classroom observation and management (desirable)
- Principles of iterative design and rapid prototyping
- NLP and sequential pattern mining techniques
- Previous experience analyzing learning platforms in educational settings
- Previous experience working in an academic or research environment
- Previous experience directing learning analysis projects
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and vaccination against COVID supports our commitment to ensuring the safety of our community and making NUS the safest and most welcoming. possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students / staff / public members. Even for job functions that can be performed remotely, there will be cases where presence on campus is required.
Given the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are encouraged to be completely vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure a successful job with NUS.
Location: NUS, Kent Ridge Campus
Job application ID: 15160