Software Developer – Gauteng Midrand
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Department of Development. This feature focuses on software development, one-time project execution, and teamwork.
Responsibilities and duties
- Design clean and simple solutions.
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems.
- Provide guidance for resolving root errors.
- Guide and guide team members to achieve their goals.
- Participate in the design of the database and software.
- Stay up to date with technology trends, research solutions, and make the right recommendations.
- Write software according to the specifications, processes and standards of business requirements.
- Perform unit tests and deliver completed software for further testing, within agreed timeframes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the application development project lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain a modern software application architecture roadmap that supports an evolving business innovation platform.
- Update system documentation.
- Maintain the software.
Skills and Experience.
- Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar.
- Knowledge or exposure to MS DevOps.
- At least 5 years of experience in in-depth programming with C #, C ++, JAVA and Python.
- The Unity game engine experience will be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Solid knowledge of the different phases of the software development life cycle.
- Good appreciation of software design principles, practices and patterns.
- A structured approach to software development.
- Experience with in-depth testing.
- Ability to “see the bigger picture”, that is, appreciate the business context in which the software will be deployed.
- Team work on projects.
- To keep up to date with new technologies.
- Committed to providing high quality work.
- Take possession of the work delivered.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with different personality types and deal with conflicts effectively.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
- C ++
- C #
Desired work experience:
- From 5 to 10 years Business consulting
- From 5 to 10 years Software development
Desired qualification level:
More information / Request this position