Systems Engineer II (SDLC Tools)
The Sr. Systems Engineer’s objective is to effectively manage the availability of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) tools (i.e. Atlassian’s technology stack), perform administration activities systems and technical support and provide efficient and fit-for-purpose solutions within company teams. for all current and future applications and projects. As a Senior Systems Engineer, this involves leveraging deep systems engineering knowledge to design, develop, implement and maintain SDLC tools processes and documentation to efficiently deliver the “Tools-as-a-Service” offering (TaaS) and ensure best use. of the capability of the SDLC technology. This role collaborates with various IT teams and business stakeholders, advising on systems engineering best practices within the technology area, while managing system incidents, escalations and resolutions, and ensures that suppliers efficiently deliver system installation, upgrades and incident resolutions as agreed. service levels and quality standards. This role is part of a team of engineers and administrators who support assigned systems, applications and technologies associated with the business.
- Graduate or diploma in computer science, information systems or similar? rural area.
- Relevant SDLC software administrator certifications, i.e. JIRA Administrator, JIRA Project Administrator, etc. Or related
- +3 years of experience as a systems engineer or similar position with solid knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and administering solutions for SDLC tools.
- Strong knowledge of JIRA and Service Desk software administration in a software engineering environment, including advanced roadmap administration.
- Great competence in MS Office 365.
- Strong experience in incident response, diagnostic activities, root cause analysis (RCA), remedial
- Action plans and advanced problem solving.
- Knowledge of standard security guidelines.
- Extensive experience in the documentation of environments and processes.
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Tool Management:
- Provide efficient administration and technical support for SDLC tool updates (ie Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.), change requests, enhancements, fixes, and overall structure and operations, using agile and lean methods in tasks
- Effectively manage the overall availability, structure and content of SDLC tools.
- Perform change assessments, attend change control meetings, and provide or perform required change documentation and procedures.
- Conduct research and recommend appropriate solutions to improve systems and use of SDLC technology.
- Effectively manage all system change requests within the technology area, applying established change management guidelines, developing and updating system design documentation, including regression testing support, and providing demonstrations of incorporated changes.
- Plan installation, upgrades, configuration, development and testing of SDLC tools.
- Test and evaluate improvement and modification of SDLC tools.
- Support internal and external teams with the integration of SDLC tools.
- Assist in creating update documentation for SDLC tools.
Incident management and suppliers:
- Provide technical support, manage and resolve all incidents/issues logged within the technology area in accordance with Service Level Agreement (SLA) and quality standards.
- Log incidents to various vendors and third parties and ensure vendors provide relative feedback on all stages of query resolution in accordance with agreed SLA.
- Responsible for managing technical support activities of third parties or technology partners/vendors in installations, upgrades or resolution of escalated incidents.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to company standards and best practices.
- Manage the vendor’s available hours according to the support contract.
- Systems engineer
- MS Office 365
Learn more/Apply for this position