Upcoming tax and price changes for apps and in-app purchases – Latest News
When taxes or exchange rates change, we sometimes need to update prices in the App Store. In the coming days, in-app pricing and in-app purchases (excluding automatically renewable subscriptions) in the App Store will increase in response to tax changes in Chile, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey. Your income will be adjusted accordingly and calculated based on the tax-free price.
- Chile: new value added tax of 19%
- Mexico: 16% new value added tax
- Saudi Arabia: value added tax increase from 5% to 15%
- Turkey: 7.5% new digital services tax (in addition to the existing 18% value added tax)
In addition, your income will also be adjusted in Germany, France, Italy and the United Kingdom, and will be calculated based on the tax-free price. However, prices in the App Store will not change.
- Germany: Value Added Tax rate reduced from 19% to 16% (as of July 2020)
- France: new 3% tax on digital services (in addition to the existing 20% value added tax)
- Italy: new 3% digital services tax (in addition to the existing 22% value-added tax)
- United Kingdom: New 2% digital services tax (in addition to the existing 20% value added tax)
Please note that Apple will automatically issue monthly refunds to customers in Germany (as of July 2020) with automatically renewable subscriptions to account for tax cuts. These refunds will not affect your income.
You can now download updated price level charts. Once these changes take effect, the Prices and Availability section of My Apps will be updated. You can change the price of your apps and in-app purchases (including automatically renewable subscriptions) at any time in the App Store Connect. If you offer subscriptions, you can choose to keep the prices of existing subscribers.